The Amba Ghat hugs the Sahyadri mountain ranges at a height of 2000 ft above sea level. It is a mountain pass on the NH204 (Ratnagiri-Kolhapur Highway). This mountain pass acted as a connecting link from Kolhapur to the Konkan during Shivaji Maharaj’s time. It is in close proximity to the historical Pawankhind and the Vishalgad Fort as also Rehan Baba Dargah. It is now a venue for paragliding adventure sport. Amba Ghat is well known for its beautiful verdant surroundings and cool weather and is a convenient tourist destination for short weekend holidays.
- Amba Ghat (2000+ ft asl) lies 65-70 kms from Kolhapur on the Kolhapur - Ratnagiri Highway.
- Amba Ghat is surrounded by rainforests and Bison Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Amba Ghat is excellent for a nature centric getaway and bird watchers (Winters).
- Jeep Safaris in reserve forest around Amba Ghat is possible
- Amba Ghat is a popular ex-Pune (260 kms) getaway.
This is Amazing Travel Agency !